The school’s learning and support team plays a key role in ensuring we meet the specific needs of students with additional learning and support needs, including disability.
The Learning and Support Teacher will:
- work collaboratively with the classroom teacher to support assessment for learning of their students with additional educational needs and identify specific learning and support needs
- plan, implement, model, monitor and evaluate teaching programs for students with additional learning and support needs in conjunction with regular classroom teachers
- plan, implement, model, monitor and evaluate personalised adjustments for learning where required, with the classroom teacher, student and/or parent or carer
- model exemplary classroom practice when tailoring adjusted learning programs for students with additional learning needs
- provide direct support for students with additional learning and support needs through a range of strategies including the areas of social integration, language and communication, literacy, numeracy and behaviour.
- provide professional specialist advice, support and mentoring to classroom teachers on:
- how best to cater for the diverse learning needs in their classrooms, and
- how to effectively work in partnership with families to maximise learning opportunities for students at school and at home;
- provide professional specialist advice and assistance about students with additional learning needs to the school’s learning and support team; and
- assist with professional learning for class teachers and school learning support officers within their school and local network of schools where appropriate.
Our Learning and Support Teacher(s):
- meet with the wellbeing team on a weekly basis to develop strategies and check in with staff to support our students with additional learning needs;
- is committed to liaising with the whole teaching staff at Cammeraygal to ensure that appropriate adjustments and strategies are being implemented in the classroom to meet the needs of our students; and
- ensure that personalised learning plans are updated on a regular basis and implemented across all classes.